LINE STOPPING OVERVIEW
Line Stopping is a means of temporarily inserting a plugging device to shut off the flow of an in-service piping system. Line Stopping can be used to isolate sections of pipe for repair, maintenance, or reconfiguration such as adding valves or replacing inoperable valves. If used with a bypass, work can be performed without service interruptions.
EA Tapping Services LLC manufactures a complete line of High-Pressure Pipe Plugging System for the temporary blockage of pipeline and pipe works wherever a valve is not available. Our standard system is designed for 1000 psig MAOP differential across the plugging head. The EA Tapping Services “Folding/Pivoting Head” is the product of decades of expert design enhancement and refinements.
LINE STOPPING CAPABILITIES
- Available in size ranges 1/2″ through 96″ diameters.
- Featuring 10″ through 96″ folding heads, which allow line stops to be done using a smaller flanged fitting than the existing line size.
- 150 PSIG maximum operating pressure with operating temperatures at 100°F maximum.
- High Temperature/High Pressure Stops
- Line Stop housings equipped with up to size-on-size by-pass connections.
- Hot Taps and Line Stops
- Tee stops and elbow stops
- Double stops and 45° angle stops
- Folding head line stops
- Across-the-line stops
- Multiple and simultaneous stops
- Line crimps up to 4″